. Olivia Rose: REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD LOVE...

Monday 14 September 2015

REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD LOVE...


Ah summer is on its way out. A side time for all the lovers of barbecue smell and quality time in the garden. Yes the cold is moving its way in slowly, but theres no need to get upset as autumn and winter do offer a lot of pros that balance out those freezing cold cons, and I'm here to put down my reasons that may warm up the bitterness you may have towards the seasons.


WARM BATHS
Baths are something that you can have any day of the year, but during summer I am much more of a shower person as they are quick and you don't have to spend a while sat in steaming hot water whilst the sun is warming up the air. Super warm baths whilst the cold wind blows outside are always so pleasing, especially when you're lying under a thick blanket of bubbles, with your favourite music playing and a few flickering candles.

HOT CHOCOLATE, BLANKET, SOCKS AND YOUR FAVOURITE TV SHOW/FILM
I dont know about you, but one of my favourite things to do is to get all cosy on the sofa with lots of blankets, with lit candles dotted all over the room, hot chocolate in my hand (with extra cream and marshmallows of course) and even my bed pillows if I'm feeling that extra cosy. This is basically my happy place at any occasion, but in autumn/winter it all comes down to knowing that you're all secure and sheltered from the visible cold outside with your favourite thing to watch blasting on the tv (in my case, Friends and Pretty Little Liars).

CANDLES, CANDLES, AND MORE CANDLES
I am complely obsessed with candles, in fact obsessed is such an understatement. No matter what the season I am just always lighting candles, but their presence are always so much more better in these colder months, because to put it simple they're just so warm (duh) and snug. I have them lit in whatever room I am in cause they make me feel really at home, a room isn't a room without them. I especially love them in my bedroom on my bedside tables at night when I'm watching Netflix, the warm flickers are always so relaxing and I feel like they're such a nice alternative to lamps. Lets not forget those scented candles, oh how I look forward to buying cinnamon scented candles.

CHRISTMAS IS ON ITS WAY
Of course I had to mention it. I can hear those bells and the crinkling of wrapping paper already. Ive already seen an advert on tv discussing christmas deals. However I still have to wait for that coca-cola advert to kick off those festive feelings, after all, Halloween and Bonfire Night are yet to come!

WINTER FASHION (THICK SCARVES MAINLY)
I think its obvious by now that I am completely obsessed with being cosy, and winter fashion offers lots of warm colours along with thick cardigans, jumpers, jeans and the rest. I dont care what anyone says but Primark is my saviour in winter because I can buy endless amounts of scarves, gloves, cosy PJ's and of course my favourite...fluffy socks! One of my favourite all time winter fashion items (along with a big coat) are scarves. When I say scarves I don't mean those thing flimsy things that you just throw on to jazz your outfit up. Oh no, I mean those masses off thick wool that could easily be mistaken for a blanket from your bedroom. Those thick blanket scarves are my holy grail for the colder months, I practically live in them and use them for ponchos if need be. Im ready to fill up my wardrobe with a lot more of them. I buy these kind of scarves with tartan on them, as to me tartan is the pattern of winter.

STARBUCKS (OR COSTA)
Oh yes. One of those finer things in life, you got it, the gingerbread and pumpkin lattes and the rest of the gang from Starbucks. No matter if you're more of a Costa or a Starbucks kinda person, you've gotta love carrying around a nice warm paper cup of your favourite hot drink whilst you embrace the cold waiting for your bus home, or wherever you're walking to. Staying inside is also a fabulous option as you can leave all the cold stuff outside the door and surround yourself with the warmth, cosy seats and strong smell of coffee.

WARM IN BED
I feel that you really do appreciate your bed a lot more in the cooler seasons, as you're not fighting to get your sheets off to let your body breathe in the night as you're warm and aggravated. After a long day in the cold (if you've been out all day, or in my case, at uni) lighting candles (there I go again) whilst wrapping and losing yourself in your bedcovers is by far one of the best feelings, I tend to throw in a hot water bottle too. All the worries of the bitter cold outside fade away with each second you're in bed. However all this cosines and warmth is hard to part with in a morning if you need to be out early!

SCENERY
At these upcoming months you can really see nature at its finest. Not to mention all those horrible little bugs are finally going away to stop pestering everyone. Throwing on some warm clothing (especially fluffy socks under some wellies) and going through a trod through the crunchy leaves or maybe even the snow is always fun and enjoyable and adds in a bit of exercise (making up for all those hot chocolates).

I have really enjoyed writing this post! as sad as I am to see summer slowly fade away, writing all this stuff has made me extra extra excited for these beautiful months to come. I hope I have somehow warmed you late season dislikers up to the upcoming months!




5 comments:

  1. YES YES YESSS!! Hahaha I totally agree with you, I'm so excited for the upcoming months!!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! I absolutely love these seasons purely for all of those reasons! I can't wait for huge scarves and the christmas white hot chocolates in Costa
    Jess xxx

    http://jessscanxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you can relate! the scarves and starbucks/costa are definitely some of the highlights and always better when you have a combination of the two!

      Delete
  3. Nice blog..! I really loved reading through this article. Thanks for sharing such a amazing post with us and keep blogging...
    employee recruitment services

    ReplyDelete