. Olivia Rose: MUSIC OF THE MONTH #1

Saturday 29 August 2015

MUSIC OF THE MONTH #1


Music is one of the biggest and most important things in my life. Not a day goes by where I don't have earphones in my ears, annoying everyone who tries to talk to me when I don't reply as my music is too loud. Be it when I'm tidying up, on the bus, writing blog posts or simply relaxing, music is always there making the moment more enjoyable.

If someone was to ask me what my singular favourite song was, the amount of song titles just wouldn't stop coming out of my mouth and would completely defy the whole meaning of the word "singular". Every month I always have certain songs that I listen to again and again, so you got it, here is a list of this months favourites!



EVERYWHERE // FLEETWOOD MAC
Fleetwood Mac own one of the very special spots in my top three favourite bands. Every now and again i'll listen to a song that Ive liked for a while, but at times the song will just capture me and they become a song in which I have on repeat, this song being one of them.

DRIVE // INCUBUS
A memorable song with brilliant guitar, Drive is by far one of those songs that I will never skip when it comes on shuffle. I re-discovered this song when Zoella tweeted that this song was a "tune" back in July, and only remembered to add it to my Spotify playlist a few weeks back. Now, I cant enough of it.

YOU'RE SO DARK // ARCTIC MONKEYS
Arctic Monkeys are my favourite band, and when I listened to this song for the first time in a few months I realised how much I well and truly love it. This song has it's own kind of eerie vibe that I love to blast out fully into my rooms atmosphere.

DREAMS // FLEETWOOD MAC
Nothing appeals to me more than relaxing and listening to Stevie Nicks' enchanting voice whilst I do so. Dreams is the perfect song to help me unwind and get me into a chilled out mood.

STRONGER THAN ME // AMY WINEHOUSE
My favourite song by Amy, this wonderful song is the song I always listen to when I need to get down to writing a blog post, whilst at times this song is something that I always have playing when I am in need of background noise.

SOAPY WATER // WOLF ALICE
From Wolf Alice's new album "My Love is Cool", Soapy Water is by far my favourite song off the album. When I think of music there's calm, and then theres put you to sleep calm, and Soapy Water for me definitely comes up to this category, feat a good beat.

SPOTIFY'S LATE NIGHT JAZZ PLAYLIST // VARIOUS ARTISTS 
One of my sweet sweet musical loves, jazz is a genre of music in which I will never fall out of love with. This late night playlist fulfils my want to be sat in a New Orleans jazz bar sipping on a nice glass of wine.

SISTER // THE BLACK KEYS
Ever listen to a song and realise that you really like it? Sister is the song that matches that description exactly. This groovy song never fails to make me sing, no matter what mood I'm in.

So those are the songs that have been on repeat constantly throughout the month of August, I'm a complete sucker when it comes to music and theres so many more songs I would add to this list but I'm pretty sure this post would go on forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment