. Olivia Rose: TOP 3 FASHION INSPIRATIONS

Tuesday 21 July 2015

TOP 3 FASHION INSPIRATIONS

When you think about it, you have probably been inspired by someones fashion sense at some point or another, be it one of your friends, someone you've seen in town, or maybe even a mannequin in a shop store window. I know that for sure my main source of fashion inspiration is from other people, including celebrities. When it comes to fashion, you obviously buy things you like, but sometimes you may see someone wearing a particular outfit/rocking a particular style and you think "hmm, id like to give that outfit a go myself".

So as you can guess with this post I'm gonna be sharing my main inspirations with you, why I like them, where I first discovered them...you get the picture. I don't know what it is but I just looooove sharing my thoughts and opinions on this blog, and in some ways it helps me understand myself more! (the ranking of this post is in no particular order).

1) Alexa Chung


Alexa Chung is a English TV presenter, model and contributing editor at Vogue. Alexa was one of those faces that I constantly kept on seeing on and in magazines such as Cosmopolitan and Company, and at some point I decided to look at her a little further and ended up falling in love with her classy style. One thing I also love about Alexa is how edgy she is in person, literally she's so down to earth and completely out there, and I think it's always cool to have a bit of character with someone. After Alexa won me over, I read her debut book, IT (read my lil' review of the book here), and its one of the most stylish books I have ever read, and to this day I still love to read it over and over again. I think one of my favourite Alexa looks is her dungarees (shown on the far left of the collage). I always have phases in which I want a particular item of clothing, and of course Alexa has brought up this massive want for dungarees, and they're something I probably wouldn't of even thought of wearing a few years back. I guess Alexa's style makes me want to go more outside of my usual outfit box.

2) Luanna Perez


I first discovered Luanna Perez when I was cutting up an old Company magazine in my Graphic Design class a few years ago. I remember seeing a photo of her and thinking "damn, that girls style is right up my street". Slipping the photo I ripped out and put into my pocket, I knew that I'd have to check out this girl later on. Now, Luanna is of course a huge inspiration. She's flawless and her constant daily Instagram uploads (@luanna90) top me up with fashion inspiration each day. I personally feel that her style is really rather edgy, along with a whole other amount of themes such as classy, formal and everyday. Whenever I struggle for an outfit on any occasion I just take a look through her Instagram and get my outfit ideas on track. Alongside being an inspiration around fashion not only does she help to inspire my style, but she also helps me come out of my simplistic fashion shell and take a look at different fashion approaches. There's not really much that I can say about Luanna except from the fact that her style is on point.  Luanna also kinda pushed me in my fashion style a bit. I think Luanna really kinda pushed me in the direction in which I really want to go in and has refined and of course inspired my style, and is still doing it to this day.

3) Rachel Green (Friends)


It's a well known fact that I am completely obsessed with Friends. If you ask anyone I know what my favourite sitcom is, I'm pretty sure the first word of their mouth will be friends, along with a roll of the eyes. Not only does it provide me with entertainment (well, daily entertainment, as I will confess, I watch at least 4 episodes a day) it also provides me with a bit of fashion sense from the one and only, Rachel Green (Jennifer Aniston). For me, around the first few seasons of friends Rachel's outfits where at their best. Many many times I've looked at what she'd be wearing and thought, what a perfect outfit.  Rachel pulled of the best of looks, be it in a pair of comfortable tartan pants and a baggy top and cardigan, to a more formal mint dress, Rachel's look just kept going and going and her outfits where just as good as the previous ones. Overall though I think the earlier season outfits are much better than the later seasons, but thats just a matter of opinion.

(images taken from google, pinterest and we heart it)

No comments:

Post a Comment