. Olivia Rose: RIMMEL LONDON - PROVOCALIPS REVIEW

Saturday 1 August 2015

RIMMEL LONDON - PROVOCALIPS REVIEW

So today I am going to be writing a post for you guys that will hopefully be the answer to your lipstick needs. For me, lipstick is one of the most essential make-up items and I look and feel completely naked without it, but as good as lipstick looks, it can be a constant beauty worry and problem.

Ever had a drink and seen a huge lipstick mark left on your glass? ever had a nice meal and seen your own lipstick smothered all over it? Ever had something to eat and then worried that all your lipstick has come off and all you have left is a strong bold outline around your lips? well my friends, I have a solution to every one of your lipstick problems, and this comes under the name of Rimmel London's Provocalips.



This product happened to be something that I picked up and discovered by chance. To cut a long story short, there was like a buy two get one free on selected Rimmel products, and as me and my mum had got two products from this selection, my mum thought it would be a waste to not pick a free product, so she let me pick another product for myself and without thinking I just randomly picked this provocalips product, not knowing that i'd discovered the solution to my own lipstick problems that have stuck around for quite some time.

When you first look at this product you're probably gonna think that it looks like lip gloss instead of lipstick, you'd be right really, but its nothing like lipgloss, if even better.

This two sided product has the lip colour on one side, which you obviously apply first, and a glossy, moisturising, lock and shine overcoat on the other, which you then apply second. Like I said before, when applying this product its just like you're putting on lip gloss, it's the same dip and apply style, unlike the traditional lipstick roll up and apply style. One of the great things about the lip colour that its rather thick, but don't worry, its really smooth on your lips, and doesn't feel as heavy as lipstick usually does, not to mention you only need around one cover (well I do, anyway). When you leave the colour to dry it may feel rather matte like, but thats when you apply the lock and shine overcoat. This will lock in the colour and keep your lips nice and moisturised, not to mention it smells rather fruity too (yes I have a habit of smelling things, its rather weird really). Also don't worry about it maybe leaving some kind of taste in your mouth, because it doesn't! and if you feel like it does it'll probably be a nice fruity experience anyway.


When applied this stuff dries in seconds, and you can rest assured that this lipstick will not smudge in the slightest, you're locked and loaded and you can do anything you want, from a huge make out session to a huge food feast, you won't even have to worry about your lipstick messing up or being smothered all over your make out partners face, its a huge beauty related worry that you can get off your mind.

On the packaging it states that the lipstick will last for 16hrs...umm try around 24! if anything the only con with this product is that it stays on for too long, don't worry thought give your lips a good scrub with some baby wipes (and I mean a good scrub) and you'll be sorted in no time.

(my personal favourite: the very top product)
One thing I also love about this product is their colour range, as far as I know of their are eight colours (shown above), and I love how they range from the subtle nude to the deepest red (which is my favourite). Even though I do love the colours available now I would love to see deep purples, or maybe some lighter oranges, something a little more out the comfort zone. However within this range I think that there is a colour to satisfy anyone. 


Personally, I'm not a huge lover for any light coloured lipstick, so I tend to stick with the darkest of colours, in this products case, my favourite is Play With Fire (this is the colour on my lips). As a light blonde, I feel that lighter lipsticks don't really do anything for me, whilst a dark lipstick colour can add some nice contrast to my face. The first colour that I actually bought of this product was the Kiss Me You Fool colour (second from the top product on the above image), even though it's a lovely colour, it's way too light for me and made me realise that Im a darker lipstick colour lover.

For the actual price on these products you're looking to pay around £6/£7, which really isn't that much of a chunk out of your bank account!

Obviously with this review I have included my of my own opinion, and this product may not be to everyones taste and you will probably find your own pros and cons with it! but I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has lipstick related emergencies. 

Stay colourful.

No comments:

Post a Comment