. Olivia Rose: BLOSSOMS 29/5/15

Friday 29 May 2015

BLOSSOMS 29/5/15

Yesterday evening I went watching Blossoms (a band formed in Stockport in 2013) at the Manchester Academy. Now Blossoms aren't the biggest band ever yet, but these boys have some serious potential and I can see them going a really long way.

I got into Blossoms via my dad who had heard them on XFM, he's played them a few times when I've been around the house and their songs really grow on me every time I listen to/hear them. The band do have a nice collection of songs, but I'm pretty sure they're gonna release an album soon ((well I hope so anyway)) and their already released songs are absolute class, so I'm expecting an album to blow me away!

I did not really know what to expect from this gig??? but I can easily say that they blew my expectations out of the water, I mean it's pretty clear with their songs that they're so talented, but they're one of those bands that you just need to hear live as it really presents their unique vibe.

As I said Blossoms aren't the biggest band on the planet but they really are so so good and will probably rise their way to the top quite quickly. The Academy was literally packed out, and I wouldn't be surprised if the gig itself was actually sold out.

Below are a selection of photographs which I took on my phone, there may not be the best as there is no natural lighting in a inside venue (but at least I tried).




The spot in which I got for this gig was actually pretty good, I was literally leaning against the bar (best place to stay to be honest) which was like, on the very far left of the venue, so it was pretty damn comfortable to actually be leaning against something instead of standing up all the time (sounds like I'm eighteen going on eighty).

So all Im gonna say from here is that the night was absolutely amazing and even the back up bands had a lot of potential. I would definitely see Blossoms again if I ever have the chance to (I do have a chance to in late October, just hope I can get tickets). I highly suggest you check out them/their music on Twitter Spotify, YouTube, their website (or in this case their Facebook page) or whatever you prefer. All of their songs are great but my personal favourite that I would always firstly recommend is Blow.

I recommend that you definitely keep an eye out for these boys and give them a listen whenever you get the chance to!

No comments:

Post a Comment